Monday, June 19, 2006

exhausted

wowzers. What a weekend! So Radhika's wedding was this weekend and I have to say. . . it was perhaps the craziest wedding known to humankind! Let me paint the picture the best way I can . . . 7 Indian women all looking at her face discussing at length the best eye shadow. . . it was moonlight mist wasn't it? Let me paint hte picture further. . . 1. we were an hour and a half late for the rehearsal and ultimately had to cancel the rehearsal all together and 2. we were decorating the alter until 1 minute before the wedding party walked down the aisle. WOW. All in all, it was a beautiful wedding though and I felt so honored to be part of it. Radhika is like a sister to me and it was really fun to meet her family and spend the last few days with them! The bad news was that the first wedding was so crazy that we missed wedding number 2! I was bummed because Perteet is one of my closest friends from grad school and I was unbelievably upset to not get to celebrate with her and Fred! Why can't your friends consult eachother before setting their wedding dates?! Conflicts are simply not allowed. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything! Yes, it was the craziest wedding ever. I still have your gift and glasses. Call me when you have a minute.